Darren L. Ficklin
Assistant Professor, Department of Geography
Office: Student Building 101
Ph.D., 2010, University of California - Davis
M.S., 2007, Southern Illinois University - Carbondale
B.S., 2004, Indiana University - Bloomington
- Watershed hydrology
- Surface water, groundwater, and water quality modeling
- Examining the effects of climate change on the hydrologic cycle
- Examining the effects of climate change on aquatic species ecosystems
- Drought modeling and assessment
- G305: Environmental Change: Nature & Impact
- G338/538: Geographic Information Science
- G451/551: Water Resources
- G439/639: Topical Seminar in Spatial Analysis and Geographic Information Science
- Ficklin, Darren L., Bradley L. Barnhart, Jason Knouft, Iris T. Stewart, Edwin P. Maurer, Sally L. Letsinger, Gerald W. Whittaker. 2014. Climate change and stream temperature predictions in the Columbia River basin: biological implications of spatial variation in hydrologic drivers. Hydrology and Earth System Sciences. In press
- Ficklin, Darren L. and Bradley L. Barnhart. 2014. SWAT hydrologic model parameter uncertainty and its implications for hydroclimatic projections in snowmelt-dependent watersheds. Journal of Hydrology. 519, 2081-2090.
- Mou Leong, Tan, Darren L. Ficklin, Ab Latif Ibrahim, Zulkifli Yushop. 2014. Impacts and uncertainties of climate change on streamflow of the Johor River Basin, Malaysia using a CMIP5 GCM ensemble. Journal of Water and Climate Change. In press
- Ficklin, Darren L., Yuzhou Luo, Minghua Zhang. 2014. The use of soil taxonomy as a soil type identifier on the Shasta Lake watershed using SWAT. Transactions of the American Society of Agricultural and Biological Engineers 57(3), 717-728.
- Barnhart, Bradley L., Gerald W. Whittaker, Darren L. Ficklin. 2014. Improved stream temperature simulations within SWAT using NSGA-II for automatic, multi-site calibration. Transactions of the American Society of Agricultural and Biological Engineers 57(2), 517-530.
- Ficklin, Darren L., Iris T. Stewart, Edwin P. Maurer. 2013. Climate change impacts on streamflow and subbasin-scale hydrology in the Colorado River Basin. PLOS ONE 8(8), e71297. DOI: 10.1371/journal.pone.0071297
- Ficklin, Darren L., Yuzhou Luo, Minghua Zhang. 2013. Climate change sensitivity assessment of streamflow and agricultural pollutant transport in California’s Central Valley using Latin hypercube sampling. Hydrological Processes 27(18), 2666-2675. DOI: 10.1002/hyp.9386
- Ficklin, Darren L., Iris T. Stewart, Edwin P. Maurer. 2013. Effects of climate change on stream temperature, dissolved oxygen, and sediment concentration in the Sierra Nevada mountain range in California. Water Resources Research 49(5), 2765-2782. DOI: 10.1002/wrcr.20248
- Luo, Yuzhou, Darren L. Ficklin, Xiaomang Liu, Minghua Zhang. 2013. Assessment of climate change impacts on hydrology and water quality with a watershed modeling approach. Science of the Total Environment 450-451,72-82.
- Ficklin, Darren L., Minghua Zhang. 2013. A comparison of the Curve Number and Green-Ampt Models in an Agricultural Watershed. Transactions of the American Society of Agricultural and Biological Engineers 56 (1), 61-69.
- Ficklin, Darren L., Yuzhou Luo, Minghua Zhang. 2013. Watershed modeling of hydrology and water quality in the Sacramento River Watershed, California. Hydrological Processes. 27, 236-250. DOI: 10.1002/hyp.9222
- Ficklin, Darren L., Iris T. Stewart, Edwin P. Maurer. 2013. Effects of projected climate change on the hydrology in the Mono Lake Basin, California. Climatic Change. 116, 111-131. DOI: 10.1007/s10584-012-0566-6
- Luo, Yuzhou, Darren L. Ficklin, Minghua Zhang. 2012. Approaches of soil data aggregation for hydrologic simulations. Journal of Hydrology 464-465, 467-476.
- Ficklin, Darren L., Iris T. Stewart, Edwin P. Maurer. 2012. Projections of 21st century Sierra Nevada local hydrology using an ensemble of General Circulation Models. Journal of the American Water Resources Association. 48, 1104-1125. DOI: 10.1111/j.1752-1688.2012.00675.x
- Wang, Zhonggen, Darren L. Ficklin, Yongyong Zhang, Minghua Zhang. 2012. Impact of climate change on the hydrologic cycle in the arid Shiyang River Basin. Hydrological Processes 26(18), 2733-2744. DOI: 10.1002/hyp.8378
- Ficklin, Darren L., Yuzhou Luo, Iris T. Stewart, Edwin P. Maurer. 2012. Development and application of a hydroclimatological stream temperature model within the Soil and Water Assessment Tool. Water Resources Research 48, W01511.