Graduate Certificate in GIS
Students must complete a minimum of 15 credit hours in geographic information systems and remote sensing coursework including:
- Both GEOG G535 Environmental Remote Sensing and GEOG G538 Geographic Information Science.
- GEOG G536 Advance Remote Sensing or GEOG G539 Advanced Geographic Information Science.
- Two courses (6 cr. hrs.) selected from:
- GEOG G585 GIS Programming
- GEOG G588 Applied Spatial Statistics
- GEOG G589 Advanced Geospatial Data Analysis
- GEOL G584 Geographic Information Systems Applications in Geology
- SPEA E518 Vector-Based Geographic Information Systems
- SPEA E519 Applied Remote Sensing of the Environment
- SPEA E529 Applications in GIS
- SPH-R580: GIS and Spatial Data Applications in Public Health
- SPH-E660: Spatial Epidemiology and Disease Mapping
- A minimum of 9 credit hours must be completed on the Bloomington campus.