The Geography B.A. focuses on the major subject areas of geography while providing a solid liberal arts foundation. The flexible degree path allows you to focus on a particular concentration area and/or choose a second or even third major.
Is the Geography B.A. degree right for you?
The Geography B.A. degree attracts students from a variety of backgrounds and interests. They typically possess some of the following qualities:
- Interest in the relationships between people and their environment
- Desire to conduct hands-on research on climate, food, water, and/or globalization
- Deep concern with justice and desire to help address persistent global problems
- Interest in rigorous interdisciplinary and comparative study
- Intellectual curiosity and imagination
You can pursue one or more of our concentration areas to gain a focused understanding of a topic or set of issues. The concentration will appear on your official transcript along with your major. We offer five concentrations:
To me, Geography is a way to interrogate the world around me in a myriad of lenses. I love being able to tackle a problem by thinking of it in terms of the historical, social, political, and economic. I think all of these angles add nuance and complexity to issues, which is something you don't always get in other fields of study.Anna G., Geography B.A.